- Meeting was held at South Park Country Club at 10:30, with 19 people in attendance. The following members and were in attendance: David Harbolt, Harold Sneed, Jim Hicks, Danny Davis, Noble Roberts, Bennett Young, Gene Wood, David High, Bob Strange, Bill Cherry, Bill Hayes, Nick Shacklette, Robert Arnold, Bill Trent, and Ike Smith. The following guests were in attendance: Alice and Dale Bratcher, John English, and Nancy Hitt.
- Invocation was given by Bill Hayes, and Danny Davis led the camp in the Pledge of Allegiance and salute to the CSA flag.
- Gene Wood gave a synopsis of events and happenings at the National Reunion in Murfreesboro, Tn.
- Nancy Hitt gave a summary of several events in Europe relating to the CSA. The 290 Foundation will be celebrating on August 26th . Here is a link to a website describing the 290 Foundation: https://sites.google.com/site/290foundation/home-1 Here is another link to a site that describes the purchase and outfitting of the CSS Alabama: http://www.csa-dixie.com/liverpool_dixie/alabama.htm Nancy also gave info on the Nicola Marschall exhibit this fall in Germany.
- There will be a lady from England arriving in Louisville sometime around August 21st. This woman has a descendant who was a Confederate soldier who is buried in the Cave Hill National Cemetery. Hopefully, when she arrives and desires to visit her ancestor’s grave, Morgan camp members can be in Cave Hill to greet her. Nancy Hitt will have more details in the future.
- Alice Bratcher and John English were introduced as members of the Orphan Brigade Kinfolk Association. In 2013 they would like to join their annual meeting with the Confederate Memorial Day service at Pewee Valley. In 1913 the Orphan Brigade held its reunion at the Confederate Home in Pewee Valley. A motion was brought before the floor, seconded, and approved to coordinate this event along with UDC activity in 2013. The two possible dates for the event would be Saturday, June 1st, or Saturday Jun 8th.
- Commander Davis would like to host an informal “Commander’s Luncheon” on Friday, August 10th at noon at O’Charley’s Restaurant in the Springs Shopping Center on Breckenridge lane. All are welcome for fellowship and lunch. Lunch will be at each member’s expense.
- Bob Strange was presented with his “Friends of the SCV” membership plaque. Currently, Bob has researched his ancestors with the help of Bill Cherry and is in the process of becoming a full member of the SCV.
- Benediction was given by Bill Hayes and meeting dismissed.
Post a Comment