- Meeting held at South Park Country Club. Members and guests in attendance: Danny Davis, ,Bill Hayes, Ben Kennedy, Bob Strange, Noble Roberts, Bennett Young, David High, Gene Wood, David Harbolt, Bill Cherry, Steve Walker, prospective member Terry Ash, and guest Nancy Hitt.
- Invocation by Chaplain Kennedy and introduction of prospective member Terry Ash.
- Minutes from April meeting were read and approved.
- Camp funds and books were audited by Ben Kennedy and reported as being in order. Audit letter to be forwarded to Commander Davis.
- Tebbs Bend trip scheduled to depart South Park CC at 09:00 AM on Saturday June 16th. Expected return time approx. mid-afternoon the same day. Noble Roberts to contact docent who will meet us in Campbellsville.
- Graves to be decorated for Memorial Day on Saturday, May 26th at 08:30 AM. Meet near the CSA flagpole. Flags will remain on graves until Memorial Day evening, Monday, May 28th.
- Nancy Hitt passed info on a celebration of Nicola Marschall in St. Wendel, Germany this year.
- Nancy also gave info on the 209 Society, which is a group that keeps alive the memory of the CSS Alabama, which was hull number 209. The CSS Alabama was sunk off the coast of Cherbourg France by the USS Kearsarge in 1864.
- The ceremony at Pewee Valley will take place as planned at 11:00 AM, Saturday, June 2nd. The following persons are assigned tasks for the event:
- Sound system: Bill Hayes
- Keynote Speaker Sam Flora: UDC
- Reenactors for color guard and possible firing detail: Danny Davis
- Flags and flag stand: Harold Sneed
- Grave flags: Bill Hayes
Post a Comment