Meeting was held at 1030 hrs at the South Park Country Club. In attendance were the following members: Bill Cherry, David Harbolt, Bill Hayes, Ben Kennedy, Larry Powell, Noble Roberts, Harold Sneed, Gene Woods, and friend of the camp Mike Hundley.
1. The Ky Div List Server was discussed and noted that Bill Hayes is now the “owner” and “moderator” of the Ky Div Yahoo List Server. Dick Bedwell turned the ownership over to Bill Hayes within the last few weeks. New guidance was sent to all Ky Div List Server members by the moderator in hopes of keeping the group directed toward the appropriate use of the site.
2. Mark Hiland has resigned as adjutant and those duties have been assumed by Bill Hayes until the election in October when it is anticipated that Bill Hayes will continue as adjutant when a new commander is elected. All past due dues has been submitted to SCV National and Ky Division. Membership cards have been mailed to the 55 members of the JHM camp. All member will be current on National dues through July 31, 2011.
1. The first event in May will be the decoration of graves at Cave Hill Cemetery for traditional Memorial Day. This year graves will be decorated on Sat, May 29th at 0900 hours. Flags will be left on the graves until approx 1600 hours on Monday, Memorial Day, May 31st. Bill Hayes will send appropriate letters to the VA and Cave Hill requesting permission to decorate graves. Since the camp had asked and received permission for the last several years, no problems are expected. All are encouraged to attend the Memorial Day service at 1100 hours on Monday May 31st at Cave Hill.
2. The major upcoming event will be the Confederate Memorial Day service at Pewee Valley Cemetery at 1100 hours on Saturday, June 5th
Bill Hayes: Rent sound powered PA system for use by keynote speaker. Print programs for cemetery event, bring three flags for color guard, bring 300+ flags to decorate graves. Provide mailing to camp member reminding them of upcoming events and schedule.
Harold Sneed: Bring chairs, and podium for event.
Larry Powell: Donation of funds for gunpowder for firing battery (Gracey’s Battery), provide logistics for flags that John Bersot will provide for cemetery event. Coordinate with Gracey’s battery leader, Brian Newton.
Jim Hicks: Confirm VIP’s in attendance at cemetery ceremony and provide into to Bill Hayes for inclusion in program. Provide biography of Rusty Williams for introduction. Liaison between camp and UDC and Bea Murphy for event coordination.
John Bersot: provide four Kentucky unit flags for display around the cemetery monument. Logistics for flags and poles to be coordinated with Larry Powell.
Gary Davis: Provide reenactor color guard from 2nd Ky Inf, CSA. Coordinate other reenactor units at cemetery event and other venues throughout the day.
All other camp members: Please plan to arrive at the cemetery around 0930 hours to help with setup for the event.
3. The Ky Division Reunion will be held in Corbin, KY Friday June 18th and Saturday June 19th. Members are encouraged to attend. The basic meeting and elections will take place on Saturday. Info is posted on the Ky Division Web Site and on the Ky Div List Server.
4. There will be a picnic at the West Point Park on Sat, June 26th from 1100 hours until ??. All members, friends, family are invited. It will be a pot-luck type of event with the camp donating $50 for meats and other items. Make plans to attend. The park is a great location overlooking the Ohio River with lots of shade.
5. Members are reminded that the National Reunion is July 21st – 24th in Anderson, SC. Bill Hayes will be attending. Others are encourage to attend if possible. Info can be found on the SCV National Web Site.
6. There will be no formal meeting in June, due to the numerous events already scheduled. The next scheduled meeting will be on Sat, July 17th at South Park Country Club. The major discussion of the July meeting will be National Reunion issues.
7. Ben Kennedy will assume responsibilities as Camp Web Master. Ben had received info from Mark Hiland about modifying the website and keeping it up to date. Many thanks to Ben for taking on this responsibility in addition to serving as camp chaplain.
Post a Comment